Secret Foodies hosted a Turkish Delights event at Stanbuli. The Meze was never-ending and since then we have been dreaming of this dip. After a little begging Head Chef Ibrahim Kasif was kind enough to share this with us to try at home.
1 Red Capsicum
1 Green/Pale bullhorn Capsicum
½ Red Onion
2 Cloves Garlic
A handful of Parsley, Mint, Coriander and Dill (Substitute any herbs you don’t like, Make parsley the predominant herb, use the others as supporting herbs)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Over your Gas burner, BBQ or in a very hot oven, nurn the eggplant skin and until it feels tender when you pierce it. Cool in a bowl with plastic covering. Peel over some running water to expose the eggplant flesh. Give a light wash to discard the skin. Drain in colander with some salt to help disgorge.
2. Oil the red capsicum and do the same process at the eggplant.
3. Chop all the ingredients into a fine chop.
4. Add as much or as little herb as you want
5. Add 1 tablespoon of Sumac. Leave all the chop ingredients in a colander to disgorge extra juices. (say 10-15 mins)
6. Put all chopped ingredients into a bowl. Add Lemon Juice and Olive Oil to taste. You will need quite a bit. Season heavily with salt to taste. It can take quite a bit
7. Chill for 20 mins and serve! This crushed style salad will last for 3 days in the fridge
135 Enmore Rd, Enmore NSW 2042